Website Technical Details
The branch website is currently hosted by Fasthosts. Previously it was hosted by Streamline.net (since late 2004) until it was taken over.
- HTML5 for presentation
- CSS3 for making pages look prettier than standard HTML.
- PHP for server-side HTML page generation.
- Perl for off-line generation of the site index.
- XML for storing programme and tower data in a structured format, so the data can be re-used on multiple pages.
- RSS feed dynamically created by PHP for the latest updates from the branch.
External Code Re-use
- Bootstrap a front-end web framework for designing websites and web applications, particularly helpful for rendering on mobile devices.
- Lightview for pop-up images.
- Masonry for the fitting multiple notices to a grid efficiently on notice board.
- Cooke Script for the management of cookies in order to be compliant with EU Cookie Law.
ClustrMaps Visual Analytics
If there is no map showing, you will need to accept tracking cookies.